Groundhog Day, except it's worse

 



Today marks 32 days without mail delivery at my home. I checked the mail twice yesterday, and once today at 12:45. Nothing. Not even mail from yesterday. 

Today, as I do every day, I called the following phone numbers: 

Roger's Park Post Office: 773-743-2650 (no answer)
Jackie Cole, Station Manager: 773-943-9107 (phone rang for 4 minutes, eventually disconnected. No message service, no answer)
Loretta Wilkinson, Customer Service Manager: 312-983-6107 (voicemail box full)
Wanda Prater, Post Master: 312-983-8022 (no answer, VM box full)
Consumer Affairs- 312-983-8030 (weird voicemail greeting message, left a message as I do everyday)

No answer, didn't speak to anyone. 

I also chose to brave the general USPS customer service line- 800-275-8777 
I was on hold for an hour, and then I spoke to someone for 15 minutes. The outcome? 
"Write a letter to Office of Consumer Advocate"
Done. The gentleman on the phone did "escalate" my inquiry that I completed on their website on 12/1. We will see where that goes. 




It appears that the media pressure is working for others in my neighborhood, but not for me. And I was the one telling them about it! BUT I am glad there is change happening- that is the most important thing. 



Now I wonder if I want to go to the Roger's Park Post Office again to see if any of our mail showed up, but part of me thinks that is dangerous (due to COVID) and a HUGE waste of my time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting to feel like the Titanic Lady

Roger's Park Post Office Informal Resident Responses Email

For my birthday I got mail