No Mail Again

 


I have no snappy title for this blog. I'm beyond frustrated, angry, annoyed. I am exhausted by this mess that I did not create. I am exhausted that the United States Postal Service operates this way. There are plenty of issues at the top, middle and bottom. I understand that. Here's the problem: I DON'T CARE. If any other agency, business, organization operated this way for this long, and I don't just mean 34 for days- I'm talking YEARS as evidenced in the media on my News page. The 34 days ALONE would warrant some kind of intervention from management, I assume. I would also like to reiterate that this is not individual to me, but to many in my area. 

This is what my mailbox looks like, I live on a huge street, I'm not in a rural area that doesn't have a regular mail person or service. I live in a VERY urban area with a median home value of 700k. Our property taxes were just raised again. I don't want to write about this anymore, I don't want to do anything anymore. I want to go to my mailbox every day and get my mail, as is expected by most Americans. I buy stamps. Last month alone I bought over 100 stamps for the Vote Forward campaign to write letters to voters in Georgia for the runoffs. I then bought 40 more for personal use. I am doing my part. I pay for USPS shipping online when I need to. I'm not saying I deserve more than an American who does not pay as much into this system. I just still think that myself and my neighbors do not deserve this. 
So today, I did my usual round of phone calls: 
Roger's Park Post Office 773-743-2650 (no answer)
Jackie Cole, Branch manager, 773-943-9107 (disconnected) 
Loretta Wilkenson, Customer Service Manager 312-983-6107 (no answer, no VM)
Wanda Prater, Post Master 312-983-8022 (VM full) 
Consumer Affairs- 312-983-8030 (no VM)

The only e-mail I had this morning was from USPS Office of Inspector General, who said they were not the correct department and I had to call The Office of Consumer Affairs. Yes, one of the numbers I call EVERY.DAY. At this point, I replied and said that an investigation should be done into "official misconduct" which this office DOES cover as the Roger's Park Post Office is actively breaking the law by impeding mail delivery. 
I'm not sure what is going to happen this week. I will reach out to more media contacts tomorrow, but I'm tired today. I want to focus on my work and be available to my family. I want this to be OVER but I'm not done fighting. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting to feel like the Titanic Lady

Roger's Park Post Office Informal Resident Responses Email

For my birthday I got mail