The AUDACITY of these people...

 


 Yesterday, I closed my laptop at 4pm, thinking "ok, that's enough of THAT! Time to enjoy my weekend and family." That was very wishful thinking. I woke up to a few emails today and a phone call. I was with my family, doing some curbside pickups for gifts and generally having a good time with my dudes. The first e-mail made me audibly shout, "You effing liars!" and the second just made me laugh. 

E-mail #1
Sent: 12/4/20 at 5pm (I didn't read it until this morning)

TL:DR- "Your issue has been resolved! Your mail has been delivered!" 
YEAH... NO! It hasn't?! The Supervisor, Ms. Lucas was the supervisor I spoke to when I went to the post office a few days ago. She took down my address, and even if she is taking a personal interest in my "case," I haven't received any mail. So this email is an outright lie. 
The other lie this particular post office has taken to is marking packages as "Delivery delayed, customer request post office pick up." This has been their next move from the "delivered" notifications, then nothing show up for days. Now they are saying these packages were scanned and marked "in error." ALL OF THEM? It's ridiculous.

E-mail #2
Sent 12/5/20 11am

Again, a load of rubbish. Funny enough, when I wrote back to this email address, (who knew they were looking at replies?) the person who signed this document, Shaneka Washington, actually CALLED me about an hour later. 

The phone call was from the Office of Consumer Affairs in Wisconsin. YEP- Wisconsin! They are "helping out" with the Chicago offices. After I explained to her exactly what I was experiencing, what I had done, all she could say was, "...wow." Then she mentioned she would escalate it further. I told her under no uncertain terms if I heard another "reason" as to why myself and my neighbors had not had regular mail service for a MONTH. I was only interested in hearing what was going to be done about it. I could tell her every reason we've heard over the past 2 years as to why this Post Office sucks, and how NOTHING was done about it. 

So much for my "break" this weekend. I now wait to hear back from Ms. Washington in Wisconsin, and hope that she will have good news for me at some point. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting to feel like the Titanic Lady

Roger's Park Post Office Informal Resident Responses Email

For my birthday I got mail