Roger's Park Post Office Informal Resident Responses Email

 This morning I sent the following email to many employees of the USPS, local and state politicians, media, and residents who asked to be included. 

I will put the presentation with the responses in a separate post. 

To Whom It May Concern- 

Hello, my name is Pauline Scott and I am a Chicago resident that has had years of issues with their mail from the Roger's Park Post Office. I was in contact with many of you last November and December of 2020. I did not receive any mail for over a month and after all normal USPS protocols failed, I reached out to my local politicians and media. There were hundreds of neighbors with similar issues in my community. To get a better understanding I created a Google questionnaire and sent it to my neighbors to see how these issues affected those around me. This questionnaire received 132 responses from 12/11/20-12/21/20. The report will show how clearly this particular location has failed it's residents. 

Attached to this email you will find two documents. One document is a report with the responses of the questionnaire, and the other is a presentation that better explains the results. My goal with this survey was to ensure that my community as a whole (or as much of it as I could reach through social media) had a voice and a clear message to USPS, as many were ignored, turned away, or given no solutions to their issues during the most trying months of November and December. The usual avenues to solve mail issues were not working for almost all my neighbors, and with the pandemic on top of this, the Roger's Park post office had failed it's community miserably. I only wish I could've reached those who truly needed their voices heard, like the elderly, disabled, Non-native English speakers, or those with technology accessibility issues. 

I am only sending this now because I had a baby on 1/7/21, and have been occupied since but I do not think this should matter for two reasons. 
1. Roger's Park Post Office has historically been underperforming in their duties. 
2. While we are currently experiencing regular mail delivery (albeit some issues still arise, but I have been told by Representative Schakowsky's office that they have received far fewer complaints in the last few weeks compared to the dozens a day formally) this appears to be the cycle with this particular location. We will have a huge surge of issues with this location, the higher ups will step in, and then we will experience a few weeks with no issues, until it starts again. 

I first wrote many of you in December, and I stated the following: 
Any other business would have replaced the following people if this had gone on for months, let alone the years this "management team" has been in charge of this mess: 

Randy Stines- District Manager
Wanda Prater- Post Master
Regina Aikens- Marketing Manager
Keith Blain- Operations Manager
John Clay- Senior Plant Manager
Tim Norman- Corporate Communications Manager
and ESPECIALLY the management at the Roger's Park Post Office- 
Jackie Cole- Station Manager
Loretta Wilkinson- Customer Service Operations  

It seemed that this message finally rang some bells at the top level. I am also aware that local politicians had a meeting with many of the people in this list this past week. It is not uncommon for these meetings to happen and it is normally followed up with brief interludes of improvement by the USPS. 

While promises have been made many times by this particular group of people, they have failed to permanently deliver any real evidence or change that is tangible. There is plenty of evidence of the opposite, and I believe that many other communities are experiencing similar issues with their post offices as well. 

This particular email is being distributed to as many people in USPS that I could find, local and state politicians, media contacts, and 114 residents who wished to be on this email (although I will keep their contact information private). The goal is to let the management at the USPS in Chicago know we are watching very closely. There is no more room for excuses to not keep promises, and we now have our own data to measure resident satisfaction going forward. 

We demand action, accountability, and plans set in motion. After what we have endured due to this management team, we are owed that and we can now track for ourselves if the Post Office is truly doing what they said they were going to do. 

On another note, while most of the residents can understand delays due to COVID, weather, the changes brought forth by the Postmaster General, etc. you'll find in the report that long time residents have had issues with this office before the pandemic set in. Basically, there are no excuses for this particular location's issues. 

I am available to discuss this report and will gladly offer the chance to my neighbors who would like to do the same. I am hoping with the awareness that we now have measurable data to determine the Roger's Park Post Office performance according to the residents, we can start to see some real change. 

Thank you and please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting to feel like the Titanic Lady

For my birthday I got mail